School Leader (Principal)
The Cottage School is a small, independent, not-for-profit cooperative school educating children from Kindergarten to year 6.
Read about the values and guiding principles of the school’s philosophy on the school website here.
The Cottage School isn’t like other schools and that’s intentional. The school’s community inherently know that it takes a village to raise a child. The school governance structure involves a School Committee made up of parents, teachers and the School Leader. Families are encouraged to be involved with the school.
The School Leader role
The School Leader is responsible for 3 key leadership functions:
- Educational and curriculum development and support
- Overall responsibility for the business management of the school
- School and Community leadership
We are seeking a School Leader for a 4-year fixed term renewable contract who is inspired to:
- Provide leadership in relation to the school’s philosophy, teaching and learning. Provide experienced support to our teaching staff through responsible and effective collaboration, assisting them to be creative in the implementation of the curriculum
- Provide modelling and leadership in relation to relevant professional learning
- Lead improvement, innovation and positive change
- Organise relief staff and provide relief teaching as necessary
- Engage and work productively with the school community and broader community
- Have overall responsibility for the administrative, financial and human resources of the school, driving improvement and efficiencies so our resources can be more effectively used to provide improved education for our students.
How to apply
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 6244 3556 to request the School Leader Applicants Information Pack.
Applications are to be submitted electronically via email to email@example.com and must comprise the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Response to the selection criteria with reference to Parts A,B & C of the information pack.
Applicants must be fully registered to teach in Tasmania or have full registration elsewhere that will be recognised in Tasmania as equivalent at the time the contract commences.
Applications are to be submitted via email by 4pm Monday 26 July 2021